Wednesday, October 27, 2010

27 10 2010 An important day!!

An interesting and enigmatic image taken from our recent trip to Den Haag. It was back into the office today for work, I must admit my mind was still turning to other things. The main reason for this is that as some may know, my job has been scheduled to relocate as our department moves to The Hague in the first quarter of 2011, indeed we began the 6 month decision process in some 3 months ago and have today reached the end of the process with a decision to relocate or take an enhanced redundancy payment to be made.

This has not been an easy decision for any of our team to make, however we have all had to weigh up the pros and cons for our own situation......... my decision made today is to grasp the opportunity and go for it. I felt that in many ways it is too big an opportunity to miss out on.... time will tell.
Having finally made a decision which has been many months in the making, I feel a degree of relief tinged with the excitement and anticipation of working abroad very soon.

2 comments:

  1. I have been wondering what you would decide. Hopefully you will be able to make the best of it. Not having a real crystal ball makes things tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of those moments when you have to go with your emotion. I very much miss working with children in school, working on creative projects, however having made the move and being partway through a project I would like to see it to fruition. The thought of working abroad is also quite an exciting prospect at my age as well.
    I am looking forward to listening to your K12 keynote by the way.... thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete